At BODYSCIENCE ® as part of Humble Group, we define sustainability as “meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs” also know as the Brundtland definition, defined by the United Nations Brundtland Commission in 1987.
We stand by this definition of sustainability because it is all encompassing – it covers more than the siloed approach of environmental, social and governance (ESG) and allows for the complexity and interconnectivity of all these areas to
Our approach and way of working with sustainability is based on science. It aligns with the global understanding of the planetary boundaries and on how corporations are responsible for contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals while maintaining a minimum social foundation. We have a systems approach as we seek to fully integrate a sustainable perspective in our business.
Our Strategic Framework
We have defined a framework for our strategic work with sustainability across the whole group.
Our Group sustainability strategy defines our role in a sustainable society and sets out our direction for the future.
It guides the way we approach sustainability – the Humble Way towards a sustainable future.
Humble Group’s sustainability strategy “healthy people on a healthy planet” aims to challenge and develop the FMCG industry, leading the way to a just and regenerative future.
INNOVATING FOR POSITIVE IMPACT
for healthy people & planet
- Becoming a powerhouse that reinvents the FMCG sector
- Celebrating an entrepreneurial mindset
- Taking a science-driven approach
- Building an innovation hub for future healthy living
- Supporting future innovation for accelerated change
- Aligning our M&A strategy with sustainability strategy
COLLABORATING FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE
Being a people powerhouse that leads cross-sectoral collaborations
- Embracing cross-sector collaborations
- Becoming a trusted partner with high ethical standards
- Leading re-investments in society to make positive societal impacts
- Advocating for policy and legislation
- Ensuring an attractive and rewarding workplace with competence & diversity
SECURING RESPONSIBLE SOURCING & PRODUCTION
Safe & fair value chains that creates positive impacts:
- Supporting renewable energy and fossil free transportation
- Transitioning to carbon positive production and supply chains
- Ensuring sourcing practices that protects biodiversity and regenerative ecosystems
- Securing transparent and traceable product origin
- Respecting and protecting human rights
- Promoting zero waste and circular solutions
EMPOWERING BETTER CHOICES
Healthy product solutions made accessible to all
- Offering holistic product solutions that improve peoples physical & mental health
Ensuring safe & healthy products for people and planet
- Providing consumers easy access to better choices for all generations
- Partnering with third party labelling schemes
- Committing to honest & transparent marketing