Author; from the experts at Body Science®
Yes, you did read that right. You can have your brownies, and eat it too! The ultimate decadent chocolate treat, the clean way.
You’re probably asking yourself, is it actually that much healthier? How could this moist, fudgy brownie possibly be good for you? Let’s start with the fact that its packed full of plant-based protein, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and oil-free. Pretty much a salad, right?
So why does our Clean protein work so well in all your creations? We made it specifically for the foodies who want a dynamic protein that is easy to bake with and can be used as a direct flour replacement but still versatile and smooth enough for traditional protein shake goodness.
1 1/4 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
1/2 cup Clean Vegan Chocolate protein
1/3 cup cacao powder
2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 6 tablespoons water)
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup coconut sugar
1 cup soy milk (or plant milk of choice)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius, fan-forced. Line a square baking tin with non-stick paper
2. Prepare the flax eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Combine flax, sugar, peanut butter, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Add flour, cacao, and mix. Fold in chocolate.
4. Transfer the batter to the lined tin. Bake in the oven for 30-35 mins until a knife inserted comes out clean.
5. Allow the brownie to cool fully before cutting.